Our director, Tim Smolder, has been working in the maritime industry for over 30 years.
His work has taken him to countries around the globe & given him experience as a ships master, a marine engineer, a marine surveyor & a manager of a marine slipway & service facility.
Tim has worked in the following industries;
- General cargo & coastal trading
- Offshore oil & gas
- Tugs & towing
- Diving & tourism
- Ship docking & repair
- Diesel engine manufacturer service agent
- Commercial fishing
- Motor & sailing yachts
Over the years, Tim has logged over 100,000nm at sea on commercial & pleasure vessels, He has also built a 45-foot cruising ketch which he lived aboard with his wife & three sons for over 25 years. They still own & on sail her as time permits.
These experiences & a love of all things on & of the sea has given him a wealth of knowledge on the operation, design & construction of vessels of all types & sizes as well as expertise in international & domestic maritime codes, standards & regulations.
Please put this skill to work for you and your business by contacting us to help with your next marine project or survey.
- Bachelor of Applied Science - Nautical Science
- Diploma in Marine Surveying – from AIMS
- Master Unlimited CoC– issued by AMSA
- Infrared Thermographer - Level 1
- Marine Engine Driver 1 – issued by AMSA
- Valid Passport
- Ships Security Officer
- Master of greater then 200T Yachts – issued by MCA
- Diesel Fitter trade qualified
- Australian Institute of Marine Surveyors
- Nautical Institute
- Australian Maritime Officers Unions
- International Association of DP Operators
- Cambridge-Royal Institute   of Navigation